8 Jul 2006

Blog 7th July 06

Well after one month in my new apartment I have had the busiest week so far.

On Tuesday we went to a farewell for the 5 English girls working with Tear Fund UK.
Wednesday night was the farewell for the 2 girls from the U.S.
Thursday was my 18-hour day.
It started at 6 am. I left home after 6.30 am and picked up a friend to go to the airport to say goodbye to the English girls. When we arrived we discovered that they had many problems with their tickets as Tear Fund haded paid for one leg of their trip and it took 2 hours to sort out their tickets and they had to pay again until they get home and then be reimbursed.
Then we went home for breakfast and after 10.30 am we were picked up again to say goodbye to the other 2 girls. Their flight was delayed so I left after 12 noon and went into the crazy markets and our lunch time traffic jam due to road works it took me 35 mins to travel a 10 min journey. I then went to a pharmacy to buy some medicine for a child at our centre. I raced home at 2 pm for lunch etc and then went onto work for 3pm and then we had a team meeting at 4 pm til 6 pm I then raced home again for dinner and went to bible study at 7.30 pm but with every one that had just left we were low in numbers so their was only 3 of us and all were very tired so we just talked and had our hot chocolate.
Then I went home at 10 pm to wait for a friend to chat to me on the Internet until 11.30 pm.

For the last two weeks I have had man men working on the roof. Back home this job would only take 2 days but here it takes 2 weeks so far, and also an electrican on many days and also a carpenter on one day. I will be glad when they are all finished but not until my shower gets fixed.

We are in the middle of the school holidays but unfortunately we are not getting as many kids as we usually do. Our centre is going through a big change this month so we may loose more!

No comments: