11 Jul 2006

First shower for 10-year-old boy.

Yesterday I noticed that a young boy was limping. I asked him twice about his foot but he said that it was nothing and that he had no pain. But I could tell that it was very swollen and he had many infected bites.
I went and spoke to his teacher at our centre and when she looked she said no its not just bites its something else.
I washed his feet so we could put some cream on his bites but he ended up going to the doctor for penicillin and came back for a shower. It was his first time to ever have a shower so he was afraid of the water but one of our male teachers helped him and changed his clothes and someone went and spoke to his family.

Many parents in Cochabamba have left to work in Spain. So the children are left with other relatives to care for them, which doesn’t happen.
We have a 4 yr girl with her 2 yr old sister, who is waiting for their parents to return from Spain and have no idea when they will return.

Glenda

No comments: