29 Jul 2006

Hi

this week has been interesting as its a week of Goodbye's. No not for me but my boss returns to england after 9 yrs. tonight was her last night and so that was sad for her.
I asked my Bolivian team what do they expect to do for her last night and they said not much just wait til her farewell party in august. So as an Gringa i told them that it was their responsibilty to organise things. And later on I found out that they ask do they have to plan things for her farewell, yes of course she replied.
For Bolivia its always (manana) tomorrow.

One funny thing that happened this week is that we called for a taxi to take me home after bible study as we always do each thursday night But this one night a taxi arrived with 2 bottles of PEPSI. I said no i didnt call for pepsi but for a taxi so we laughed all the way home as they thought we rang to deliver 2 pepsi and not 2 taxis.

Another unual site this week as that i say a man in a wheel chair at the side of a main road but he appeared to be standing up with the aid of a lady whom I thought was standign too close to him. But as i got closer i discovered that she was holding a bottle for him as he couldnt get to a bathroom. As we say ONLY IN BOLIVIA!

Well next week will be quite strange as i will be the only westerner working a the centre so the only time i will talk english is now on the internet with family and close friends.
Continue to pray the the children and the poverty they face each day


Glenda

No comments: