1 Apr 2006

31st march 06 King for a day!

Well yesterday I wrote a good blog, but I lost it while doing something else, so here it is again.

Yesterday while having lunch with a missionary from Canada we had many beggars asking to shine our shoes or buy lollies etc.
Lorna struck up a conversation with a teenage boy and we found out that he was only 13 and he was responsible for his 8 and 9-year-old brothers as their parents were never home. He goes to school in the morning and try’s to make money in the afternoon.

When we had finished our lunch Lorna decided to bless this boy by buying him lunch. She ordered him a hamburger and fries and he chatted to us while waiting for his meal. He looked like a king for a day. While waiting for his burger the other street kids kept telling him to get out of their territory but he said that he was waiting for him meal.
When his burger arrived he wasn’t sure how to eat it so my friend cut it in half and told him that it was ok to use your hands. When he finished, he told us he was very full and Lorna gave him 5 Bolivians for him to buy something for his brothers to eat. He went off happy and content!

1st April 06 Country with no “Change”

The first day I have missed my car.
Saturday morning I went out to post a parcel for my nephew’s birthday and discovered that it was raining so I thought I would catch transport but discovered that I had no change. Normally back home you would just buy something small and get change but as you ask each shop here they have no change and the taxis and buses don’t carry change either. I walked in the rain with only my umbrella and went to a local gas station and managed to get change, which got me down town to post the parcel.
I normally keep it small but when I went to post it they said that it will be 80 Bolivianos and that is all I had so I paid for the postage and then I was back to square one with no money to get home so once again I walked home in the rain.
So the simple things in life took 2 hours and not 20mins.

No comments: