23 Dec 2008

Begging for Christmas

Well today I went down town to buy some meat to cover me over christmas as I knew I am not going out any where for dinner over christmas so stocked up on food.

I was amazed how many families from the country area's of cochabamba were in town begging on the streets with their children. It just breaks your heart but you can't help them as their are too many.

they have their children sleeping on the street while they are breastfeeding there babies its not a pretty site to see everything hanging out.

I wish I had litte spanish tracks with me to hand out but not I didnt.
I know the lady who helps me with my visa hands out cheap little tracks.

I know that children are begging for christmas in australia also but in a different way. They are begging for it to arrive and while Bolivia is begging for food.


making Cookies

also yesterday we had fun making cookies with 30 girls
there is aproximately 10 girls in each home. so I went to each home on the same block of land and made each batch and put it in the fridge and kept moving from home to home and at the end of the day they finally got to decorate their biscuits and I managed to take photos of most of the girls which I will down load and add soon.

well I am getting used to being caught out in the rain during this rainy season.
sometimes a umbrella doesnt help when its hailing and you are stuck under a tree for a while until you decide to move over the street to a shop until your friend arrives.
which we decided to go home to my place and wait the rain out but after 3 hrs I decided to stay home and my friend went out to find her family.
so yes wet shoes and socks again.

I have plently of invitations for the 24th but not much happening for the 25th so far
I may not know til the last minute if I am going out on the 25th so maybe my 1st time home. but I have been invited to visit the girls at the american home if I wish to and if there is transport for me to get there. so time will tell

Merry Christmas


Glenda

No comments: