19 Dec 2008

Driving in Bolivia

Hi all
Last night I decided to drive my friends car and take 4 ladies home.
Now it was my 1st time ever to drive here. I knew that I would have to learn to drive on the other side of the road but my brain kept telling me that it was wrong.
Now it was dark and raining and I didnt know where the roads went.
I had 4 friends in the back seat telling me to go in all different directions and the car didnt have much air in the tyres and the carewas in desparate need for a wheel alignment. We tried 3 service stations before getting petrol and we drove around for one hour and one lady got out as she said she was near her home.
I couldnt do a hill start as the car was not working right so I asked Rosemary to take over and drive this car home.
she was nice enough to take my car home and the leftover 2 ladies had to walk home and we hope to take it to the mechanics soon.
so at the moment I am happy with transport.

Also we had a christmas party at the bilingual preschool
I was doing fine until Peter moorehouse started handing out christmas presents to the kids
which the kids had to buy each other and it made me think about Mily and that she would be celebrating her 1st christmas in Italy

I should be putting up my tree but its too emotional as it reminds me of mily in 20066


Glenda

2 comments:

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Dear Lord, Please give Glenda “peace” at this time. Cover her in your hedge of protection and give her the ability to deal with her emotions and missing Milly and get through Christmas ... plus learn to drive on the wrong side of the road with her sanity intact.

Fill her with your strength so that she may get through each day, knowing You are there with her every step of the way. I pray for her comfort in knowing You are in control. Amen.

Glenda Hurlstone said...

Dear Trish

That was a beautiful prayer which brought tears to my eyes

Thank You

Glenda